Proof That Israel is a Great Country to Visit
Israel is clearly a great place to visit as airlines expand routes to the Holy Land and to which tourism numbers from last year are testament.
07 January 2018 11:29
- 2017 was a record year for incoming tourism, with about 3.6 million tourists and over $5 billion in revenue from incoming tourism alone.
- 91% of tourists ranked their visit to Israel as very good or excellent.
- Israel has seen an increase in the number of weekly flights into Eilat as a result of subsidies from the Ministry of Tourism.
- 18 routes including Hainan Airlines, Lot, Ryanair, Wizz Air and WOW opened from new destinations into Ben Gurion Airport, with financial support from the Tourism Ministry.
- A new route to Tel Aviv opened from Shanghai and Israel saw a 46% increase in tourism from China over the last year.
- Leading source countries for incoming tourism: USA, Russia, France, Germany and UK.
- Most visited sites in Israel (in descending order): Jerusalem, Tel Aviv, Dead Sea, Tiberias, Sea of Galilee area and Galilee.
(Image: Chris Brady, Flickr)
IMTM is Now Open for Exhibitors
10 February 2021
Israel Hotel Association Convention: "The Future is not clear, but we will overcome"
25 February 2021
More than 320 Participators in the Incoming Tour Operators Association in Israel Convention
23 February 2021
The Brown Hotel Group opens its third hotel in Jerusalem: Brown JLM
22 February 2021
Incoming Tourism Industry: The Biggest Victim of the COVID-19 Economy
10 February 2021
Israel Incoming Tour Operators
09 February 2021
ADNEC and Expo Tel Aviv Sign Strategic Memorandum of Understanding
15 February 2021
Summary of the Year 2020 in Israeli Tourism: Safe Optimism
03 January 2021
American Airlines will begin flights from New York to Tel Aviv in May 2021
24 January 2021