Proof That Israel is a Great Country to Visit
Israel is clearly a great place to visit as airlines expand routes to the Holy Land and to which tourism numbers from last year are testament.
07 January 2018 11:29
- 2017 was a record year for incoming tourism, with about 3.6 million tourists and over $5 billion in revenue from incoming tourism alone.
- 91% of tourists ranked their visit to Israel as very good or excellent.
- Israel has seen an increase in the number of weekly flights into Eilat as a result of subsidies from the Ministry of Tourism.
- 18 routes including Hainan Airlines, Lot, Ryanair, Wizz Air and WOW opened from new destinations into Ben Gurion Airport, with financial support from the Tourism Ministry.
- A new route to Tel Aviv opened from Shanghai and Israel saw a 46% increase in tourism from China over the last year.
- Leading source countries for incoming tourism: USA, Russia, France, Germany and UK.
- Most visited sites in Israel (in descending order): Jerusalem, Tel Aviv, Dead Sea, Tiberias, Sea of Galilee area and Galilee.
(Image: Chris Brady, Flickr)
Regional Cooperation Between Israel and Bahrain
02 December 2020
Israeli Incoming Tour Operators is Preparing for Tourism from Bahrain
03 December 2020
Saudi Arabia Grants Approval for Israir Dubai Flights
01 December 2020
Etihad Airways has Joined an Israeli Acceleration Program for Tourism Start-Ups
29 November 2020
El Al Announces Flights to Dubai
24 November 2020
TEL AVIV SAMSUNG MARATHON 2021
23 November 2020
The Israeli "Green Islands" Law Came into Force
16 November 2020
El Al Airline and Etihad Airways Now Share Codeshare Services
19 November 2020
El Al Resumes Operations at Three Different Destinations
19 November 2020